Small steps to reduce carbon footprint-
If you don’t know what carbon footprint is, you must begin with http://energywall.in/carbon-footprint/.
Very less people know about this carbon footprint and lesser from them are interested to make it succeed.
Offsetting your unavoidable CO2 emissions is a practical and immediate way to take ownership of your personal contribution to climate change
In this article we will see basic and small steps which can help in to reducing the carbon footprint.
- Our Home – On an average we spent half of our life at our home. so directly we can start to reduce most of carbon foot-printing from home only.
- Appliances- Now a days before finalizing any item to purchase make energy efficiency an essential consideration while picking your new air conditioner and cooling unit, dishwasher, or fridge. Items having the ENERGY STAR label to be find higher energy efficient appliances.
- Insulate properly – Decrease drafts and air leaks.
- Lighting – Turn off lights if you’re not utilizing and especially when you leave the room. Start using LED’s which consumes lowest energy in this segment.
- Solar – Add sunlight based panel to the roof of your home. This costs somewhat more than the above alternatives, yet numerous suppliers offer financing choices which limit forthright expenses.
- Thermostat – Try not to set it too high or low. Introduce a programmable model to control the heating and air conditioning when you’re not home.
- Vehicles – Our daily transportation also plays a crucial role in carbon footprinting.
- Alternate option – Most of time we just have to walk for 3-5 min and instead of walk we use vehicle to avoid carbon emission. Carpooling is also a good option to reduce carbon emission and save fuels.
- Avoid traffic – strategic planning can save lot of time and increases carbon reduction. plan before leaving.
- Driving Style – High acceleration all the time and speeding and braking
- More tips – http://energywall.in/are-you-driving-to-save-fuel/