Small steps to reduce carbon footprint-
If you don’t know what carbon footprint is, you must begin with http://energywall.in/carbon-footprint/
and before reading this 2nd part you must visit part 1 of this topic at http://energywall.in/small-steps-reduce-carbon-footprint/
In this article we will see basic and small steps which can help in to reducing the carbon footprint.
1. Water REUSE/RECYCLE/RESTORE – the endeavors to keep up and decontaminate our drinking water can take a gigantic toll on carbon Consider the treatment plants and their operating equipment footprints along with all of the various chemicals needed to purify our water. Utilize water astutely and don’t waste it.
2. HVAC and Carbon Emissions– heating and air conditioning uses a big amount of carbon emissions. You can wear heavier clothes in the winter or lighter clothes depending on the climate. This will not only reduce your carbon footprint but it will also reduce your home heating and air conditioning expenses. Also, maintained your HVAC units and change the air filter with the season changes.
3. Reduce the CO2 emission -Before reduction we must know the basic outcome sources of carbon emissions.
- Solid fuels such as coal – 44%
- Liquid fuels such as oil or petroleum – 28%
- Gaseous fuels such as natural gas – 16%
- Industrial gas emissions from manufacturing or processing plants – 4%
- Deforestation which increases emissions by decreasing the cleaning performed by forests – 6% ( All are approximate figure).