Energy Conservation Act 2001 enacted on 1st October 2001. Become effective from 1st March 2002.
Act has main objective of providing necessary legal framework for promoting energy conservation in country. Purpose of this act is to provide efficient use of energy and its conservation. Direction to energy conservation activities at national level. To Establishment of new system and procedures to verify measures and monitor Energy efficient (EE) improvements.
Some of important features of EA 2001 is
- Energy Conservation Building Code (ECBC)
- Standards and Labeling (S & L)
- Demand Side Management (DSM)
- Bachat Lamp Yojana (BLY)
- Promoting Energy Efficiency in Small and Medium Enterprises (SME)
- Designated Consumers (DC’s)
- Certification of Energy Manager and Energy Auditors.
- Clear Role of Central and State Govt. in EE program
Here’s the Act